You want to get a job


Job search can be a very labor-intensive process and does not always bring the desired result if you do not carefully prepare for it.

If this is the first time you are looking for a job, it is useful to know about common labour market monitoring methods, measures to promote employment and other nuances of employment. For example, the procedure for entering the public service can be very different from employment with a private company. And finding a job for people with disabilities has its own peculiarities.

This material contains brief information on the most basic issues of employment in private, non-governmental organizations.

What do you need to know if you get fired or get cut

In accordance with Article 131 of the Labor Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the employer makes compensation payments in connection with the loss of employment, in the amount of the average monthly salary upon termination of the employment contract at the initiative of the employer in case of liquidation of the employer, termination of the employment contract at the initiative of the employer in the event of a reduction in the number or staff of employees, termination of the employment contract at the initiative of the employee in the event of failure by the employer to comply with the terms of the employment contract.

The employer makes compensation payments in connection with the loss of employment upon the termination of the employment contract at the initiative of the employer in the event of a decrease in the volume of production, work performed and services provided, which caused the deterioration of the economic state of the employer, in the amount of the average wage for two months.

According to Article 96 of the Labor Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, upon termination of the employment contract, an employee who has not used or used not fully paid annual labor leave is compensated for the unused days of paid annual leave, which is calculated from the calculation of average wage of the employee.

As well as other payments provided for in the employment contract.

All payments must be made no later than three working days after its termination.

In case of violation of their labor rights, the employee has the right to apply to the local executive body for labor inspection.

How to look for a job on your own

In order to assist in employment, search and selection of personnel, the "Electronic Labor Exchange" has been functioning since 2018 (, which is a single digital platform for employment with the possibility of independent job search and recruitment. The ELE was created with the aim of providing employers with the opportunity to recruit staff, and job seekers with jobs.

The ELE database is updated daily with new vacancies and resumes. Through the electronic labor exchange, you can get the following types of services: online access to the database of resumes and vacancies, it is possible to publish vacancies and send resumes by creating your personal account, respond to your favorite vacancies and receive invitations to interviews, view online information about vacancies posted by employment centers, as well as take a career guidance test, and pick up a job based on the results.

National Project on Entrepreneurship Development for 2021-2025

The national project provides for 10 tasks, 3 of which are aimed at promoting employment: creating conditions for opening and developing their own business, supporting entrepreneurs through the organization of subsidized jobs and developing skills to meet the needs of entrepreneurs.

As part of the first task, master plans of districts will be formed, entrepreneurship training will be conducted under the Bastau Business project, as well as grants will be provided to young entrepreneurs and citizens from socially vulnerable groups of the population for the implementation of new business ideas.

The implementation of the second task will be carried out with the help of relevant tools designed to increase the motivation of employers through subsidies, and for young professionals – the opportunity to improve their skills, find their vocation or get temporary employment. Thus, thanks to the projects "Youth Practice", "First Workplace", "Contract of Generations", various support measures will be provided for persons under the age of 29 who do not have work experience in their specialty, have recently completed training, or do not have it at all.

For people of pre-retirement age, the Silver Age project will be implemented

Online-training in popular skills will be conducted on the skills.enbek, where a pool of short-term online courses will be formed, taking into account the professions and skills in demand.

Social workplaces

When allocating workplaces, remember that this workplace provides for partial subsidies from the state for no more than 12 months, taking into account all necessary deductions.

The monthly amount of subsidies for salaries to the participants of the Program, employed in social jobs, including taxes, compulsory social contributions and compensation for unused leave, excluding payments for environmental allowances, amounts to 35% of the established wage, but not more than 20 MCIs for the relevant financial year.

Youth Practice

Youth practice is organized for graduates of educational organizations in order to obtain graduates' initial work experience in the acquired profession (specialty). The amount of remuneration of individuals paid for youth practice from the republican budget is 30 MCIs per month.

Public Works

Public works are organized by Employment Centers to provide the unemployed with temporary employment. They do not require prior professional training of the employee and are financed within the limits of the local budget and the funds of employers upon their request.

The right to participate in public works has:

  1. unemployed;
  2. students and pupils of the upper grades of general education schools during the summer holidays;
  3. people who aren't provided with jobs due to downtime.

To participate in social work places, youth practice, public works, it is necessary to bring the following documents to the Employment Center:

  • application for participation;
  • a copy of identity document;
  • a copy of work record book (if any);
  • a copy of the document on education (certificate, diploma), as well as documents confirming the passage of training (certificate), if available;
  • a copy of the document confirming the availability of technical and professional, post-secondary, higher and postgraduate education (for MP);
  • the employer's act on shifting to part-time work or reduced hours of work, or on granting social leave, or on forced idle time, without pay (for part-time employees) (for PRs);
  • certificate from the educational institution about the vacation (for PR).

What people with disabilities need to know

In the area of employment and occupation, persons with disabilities have the right to free choice of occupation, including employment, as well as vocational training and retraining, rehabilitation and employment.

According to subparagraph 6) of Article 9 of the Law On Employment, local authorities ensure the implementation of State employment policy by establishing a quota of 2 to 4 per cent of the total number of jobs for persons with disabilities, excluding jobs involving heavy work or work involving harmful or dangerous working conditions.

The quota is established by local executive bodies to organizations with a list of employees:

  • from 50 to 100 people – in the amount of 2% of the total number of employees;
  • 101 to 250 employees – in the amount of 3% of the total number of employees;
  • more than 251 people – in the amount of 4% of the total number of employees.

At the same time, public associations of persons with disabilities, as well as organizations where the number of persons with disabilities is more than 20 per cent of the average annual number of employees, do not have a quota.

In the absence of unemployed people with disabilities of working age, who do not have medical contraindications for work, the quota in the organizations located on the territory of these settlements, is not established.

This quota does not apply to persons of retirement age.

Involvement of employees with disabilities to work at night is allowed only with their written consent, provided that such work is not prohibited to them for health reasons in accordance with the medical report.

Persons with disabilities are not allowed to work overtime.

Within the framework of the National Project for the Development of Entrepreneurship for 2021-2025, persons with disabilities, along with other vulnerable segments of the population, have the right to take short-term training courses on specialties and qualifications in demand on the labor market, receive a grant free of charge for the implementation of business ideas in the amount of 400 monthly calculation indices, get a job on subsidized workplaces (social, public workplace, youth practice).

A person with a disability must apply to the Employment Center at the place of residence in order to receive the above-mentioned employment assistance measures.

What kind of documents to prepare

After the successful interview and the consent of the employer to hire you, there is a need to collect a standard package of documents for the conclusion of the employment contract.

An employment contract is a written agreement between an employer and a candidate under which the employer undertakes to provide the employee with a certain job, ensure working conditions and pay full salary in due time, and the employee undertakes to perform this work and comply with the internal work regulations of the organization.

The employment contract is drawn up in two copies, each of which is signed by both parties. One copy is given to you, the other is kept with the employer.

Necessary documents for conclusion of an employment contract:

  • identity card or passport (birth certificate for persons under 16 years of age); ethnic kazakh presents a ethnic kazakh certificate issued by local executive bodies;
  • residence permit or certificate of statelessness (for foreigners and stateless persons permanently residing on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan or a refugee certificate.
  • a document on education, qualification, special knowledge or professional training when concluding an employment contract for a job requiring appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities;
  • document confirming work activity (for persons with work experience); (employment contract with the employer's mark on the date and basis of its termination; extracts from the payroll statement to employees; track record; extracts from the UAPF on the listed mandatory pension contributions; information from the State Pension Fund on social contributions made; dual training agreement; archival certificate containing information about employment employee);

These are the basic documents required to conclude an employment contract.

However, depending on the type of activity, they may require:

  • a document on the passage of a preliminary medical examination (for persons obliged to undergo such an examination in accordance with this Code and other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan).
  • a certificate of the presence or absence of information about the commission of a criminal offense - for the conclusion of an employment contract in the field of education, upbringing, recreation and recreation, physical culture and sports, medical support, social services, culture and art with the participation of minors;
  • a certificate of the presence or absence of information about the commission of a corruption crime when entering the civil service, for work in quasi-public sector entities.

State program "With a diploma to a village"

Not all graduates are able to find a job immediately after graduation. The employer is most often interested in hiring an employee with work experience. In this case, yesterday's graduates receive help from the state program "With a diploma to a village".

This program is intended for students who have graduated from higher education institutions by specialty:

  • education;
  • health care;
  • social security;
  • culture and sport;
  • veterinary science.

These students are offered jobs in rural areas with social support, which includes

  • Granting of a one-time newstart allowance in the amount of 70 MCIs;
  • issuance of a budget loan for the purchase and construction of housing for a period of 15 years, with an interest rate of 0.01% in the amount of 1500 MCIs;
  • Increase of the official salary by at least 25% of the tariff rates (in urban areas) for specialists of social sphere institutions located in rural areas.

For participation in the program it is necessary:

  • Find a job yourself in your chosen location (village school, hospital, House of Culture, sports complexes, etc.);
  • When applying for a job, a candidate submits an application for participation in the program to the district commission;
  • If there is no possibility of independent job search, you can apply to the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan or to responsible employees in the regions;
  • Data on the needs of personnel in the regions are posted on the websites of the regional akimats' administrations.

The specialist who signed the contract under the program undertakes to work in the countryside for at least 3 years.

How to participate in the program

It is necessary to choose a settlement on the territory of rural areas of the Republic of Kazakhstan and find a job there (rural school, hospital, House of Culture, sports complexes, etc.). If there is no possibility to search for a job on your own, you can apply to the regional akimats. You can find out about vacancies on the websites of akimats.

Then you should apply to the district akimat or the akimat of the city of district importance with a statement that you want to participate in the Project. He will be referred to a special commission that will review the documents and make a decision.

Required documents

To get the newstart allowance:

  • Application;
  • a copy of the ID card;
  • a copy of the diploma;
  • a copy of the work record book, certified by the personnel service at the new place of work;
  • information about the previous place of residence registration from the migration service;

In order to receive a budget loan for the purchase of housing, the following is additionally submitted:

  • valuation report of the acquired real estate;
  • a copy of the marriage certificate (if married or married);
  • certificate on the absence (presence) of real estate in the specialist, his (her) wife (s) and children in the village.
{"id":19263,"source_id":4072,"title":"Information on the absence (presence) of immovable property of natural person","service_code":"P3.061","service_link":""}

In order to receive a budget loan for housing construction, the following is additionally submitted:

  • act on the right to use the land allocated for the construction of housing in the name of a specialist;
  • collateral valuation report;
  • contract of insurance of collateral;
  • written consent to co-finance part of the construction of housing, exceeding the size of the loan;
  • a copy of the marriage certificate (if married or married);

The originals of the documents shall also be submitted together with copies of the documents for authentication. Other documents than those listed above may not be required from a candidate.

Social allowances in case of loss of employment

The social payment in case of job loss is assigned from the date of registration of a participant in the compulsory social insurance system as an unemployed person to the employment center.

But in order to get unemployed status, you need to register as a job seeker as described in the first step. Then, within 1 working days from the date of registration, the employment center provides you with assistance in finding a suitable job.

If, after this period, the employment center has not selected a suitable job for you, or you have refused the job offered, the specialist of the employment center within one working day sends electronically through AIS "Labor Market" to the local employment agency a draft decision on registering you as unemployed.

After that, the first head of the local employment authority signs the decision on registration of the unemployed person by means of an electronic digital signature within one working day in the AIS "Labor Market". The specialist of the employment center issues a notice of registration as an unemployed person or a notice of refusal within two working days from the date of the decision by the local employment authority.

After all these procedures, in the same place in the employment center, you can apply for a social payment in case of job loss.

Methods of providing public services for the purpose of social benefits in case of job loss:

1) State Corporation "Government for Citizens" (PSC);

2) Employment Center;

3) e-government web portal (;

4) the state portal "Electronic Labor Exchange";

5) cellular subscriber device (proactive service is provided if there is a mobile phone number in the information system).

{"id":4330,"source_id":3028,"title":"Assignment of social payments in cases of social risks: job losses","service_code":"P6.40","service_link":""}

Required documents:

1) an identity document in accordance with paragraph 1 of Article 6 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Identity documents" or a candace certificate for persons with the status of candace (required for identification);

2) about the number of the bank account opened in banks and (or) organizations performing certain types of banking operations.

*At the same time, the presentation of the bank account number is not required if it is possible to receive them from a second-tier bank.

The amount of the payment is determined by multiplying the average monthly amount of income from which social contributions were paid for the last 24 months before obtaining the status as a person who lost his job by the corresponding income replacement coefficients and the length of participation.

At the same time, the income replacement coefficient is 0.4.

A participant in the compulsory social insurance system for whom social contributions were made, a social payment in case of job loss is assigned:

  • for one month – in the case when social contributions were made for it from six to twelve months;
  • for two months – in the case when social contributions were made for him from twelve to twenty-four months;
  • for three months – in the case when social contributions were made for him from twenty-four to thirty-six months;
  • for four months – in the case when social contributions were made for him from thirty-six to forty-eight months;
  • for five months – in the case when social contributions were made for him from forty-eight to sixty months;
  • for six months – in the case when social contributions were made for him for sixty or more months.

It should be noted that the social payment in case of job loss in subsequent treatment is assigned based on the fact that for each month previously received social payment in case of job loss, twelve months are deducted from the total length of service in the compulsory social insurance system.