You are expecting a child


During the preparation for childbirth, you should first of all register at a policlinic and register with an obstetrician-gynecologist at the place of actual residence, up to the 10th week of pregnancy. Pregnant women during the entire pregnancy will be monitored by a local obstetrician-gynecologist before giving birth.

After 30 weeks of pregnancy, the doctor will give you a sick leave, which will allow you to take maternity leave. During maternity leave, you should pass training for childbirth.

After the child is born, you need to register his birth, as a result of which you will receive a birth certificate.

You can then place the child in the kindergarten queue and apply for payments.

The following paragraphs detail the details of each step and offer the possibility of online services.

How to put a child in the queue of kindergarten

After the registration of the birth of a child, you can immediately apply for placement in the queue to a kindergarten. 

You can put a child into a waiting list to kindergarten using one of the options:

  • via online service on Portal;
  • visiting PSC (“Government for Citizens” Public Corporation) with the required documents;
  • via portals, links to which are published on the websites of education departments of akimats of cities and districts (for example,,, etc.).

You can view the queue through the portal service.

{ "service_link": "", "service_code": "MNE", "id": 4124, "source_id": 3042, "title": "Placement of the child in the queue to the kindergarten" }
{ "service_link": "", "service_code": "SR.02", "id": 4120, "source_id": 3050, "title": "View the queue number to the kindergarten" }

When applying to the PSC the following documents are required:

  • Application;
  • Birth certificate of the child (original and copy) for identification;
  • Identity document (of one of the parents or legal representatives);
  • Document confirming the right to a priority place in the preschool organization (original and copy);
  • A certificate issued from the place of work of a serviceman or employee of special state bodies, stamped and signed by an authorized person (if any) (valid for 10 calendar days from the date of issue);
  • Conclusions of psychological-medical-pedagogical consultation for children with special educational needs (if any).

To save time, you can book the queue at PSC online

{ "id": 3134, "source_id": 3134, "title": "Booking the queue at PSC ","service_link":"" }


How to register at a policlinic

You can register at a policlinic of your place of permanent or temporary residence, work or study. You can change your policlinic once a year, and regisering at another one will automatically remove you from the previous one.

In order to be registered, you need to write an application at the policlinic itself, having your ID card or other identification document (passport, birth certificate, etc.).

You can also register at a policlinic online. In this case, after registration, you will receive a notification in the form of an electronic document in your personnel account on the portal.

{"id":4133,"source_id":3176,"title":"Attachment to the medical organization providing primary health care","service_link":""}

How to register for a doctor's appointment

After you have been registered at a policlinic, the next thing you need to do is get registered for medical record within 10 weeks. Early consultation with the doctor helps to identify complications of pregnancy and to develop a pregnancy management plan before the exact delivery date is determined.

Mainly, a pregnant woman should apply to an obstetrician-gynecologist at the place of actual residence.

{"id":4135,"source_id":3177,"title":"Doctor's appointment","service_link":""}

The following documents are required for registration:

{"name":"Identity card (original and 2 copies)", "id":2}
{"name":"Fluorography", "id":3}
{"name":"Micro-reaction analysis","id":4}
{"name":"Copy of husband's identity card (if you are married)","id":5}
{"name":"Copy of marriage certificate (if you are married)","id":6}

After presentation of all the necessary papers and completion of some questionnaires, which will be issued in the registry, you will be issued 3 basic documents:

  • Outpatient card.
  • Exchange card (form 048/y), which must always be with you.
  • Individual card for pregnant women (form 077/y).

It is important to remember!

Throughout the entire period of pregnancy, a woman will need to pass a number of tests and undergo a comprehensive examination. The main ones are tests during registration, as well as screenings, one in each of the trimesters (12, 20 and 30 weeks of pregnancy). Also, according to article 87 of the Labor Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, pregnant women are granted paid social leave for at least 3 working days.

How to go on maternity leave and prepare for childbirth

Parental leave

Working women are granted maternity leave of 70 days before the expected date of birth and 56 days after the birth of the child. In the case of complicated births and the simultaneous birth of two or more children, leave is extended for an additional 14 calendar days.

You will need a certificate of temporary incapacity for work (sick leave) to take maternity leave. It is issued after 30 weeks of pregnancy by your obstetrician-gynecologist, and in his absence - by a doctor, together with the head of the department, after the conclusion of the medical advisory committee.

The sick leave you have received from the doctor must be submitted to the human resources department at your workplace and an application must be made, after which a maternity leave order must be issued.

{ "id": 3759, "source_id": 3759, "title": "Issuance of a certificate of temporary incapacity for work","service_link":"" }

Leave without pay to care for a child up to the age of 3

The employer is obliged to grant a leave without pay to care for a child up to the age of 3 years. This person can be a mother or father of the child, a guardian, an adopter.

This leave is granted on the basis of a written application of the employee indicating its duration and providing a birth certificate or other document confirming the fact of birth of the child.

Leave to care for a child up to the age of 3 years can be taken in full or in part and the employee's job (position) is retained for the time being.

If you plan to work before the end of your holiday, you must inform your employer one month in advance.

How to prepare for delivery through Training Centres

To give birth without complications, you need to properly prepare for the responsible moment. It is as natural to attend a prenatal school as it is to attend a course or a section/club.

The training programme is designed to cover the entire prenatal period. The classes are conducted by doctors, obstetricians and psychologists who have undergone special training and certification. The main task of classes in modern schools is to acquaint parents with all possible variants of childbirth (natural, partial anesthesia, caesarean section) and to help them consciously approach to this moment of life.

How to apply for payments and benefits

So, the hardest part is over. Now you have to devote yourself completely to taking care of your child. How can the state help you with that?

Types of benefits and payments


How to register the birth of a child

Congratulations! Your baby was born.

In the maternity hospital you will be given a medical certificate of his birth (medical certificate from the maternity hospital), which must be certified by the signature of an official and the seal of the maternity hospital, and contain all the necessary information (name, surname, patronymic, date of birth and sex of the child, the date of issue of the document). This document will be required for further state registration of the child's birth.

In order for a child to become a full-fledged citizen, his or her birth must be registered, and as a result a birth certificate will be issued.