Diplomatic relations between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Turkey were established on March 2, 1992. The Consulate General of Kazakhstan in Istanbul was opened in 1995. Bayel Alim Daurenovich was assigned as Consul General of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Istanbul on March 1, 2020.
The Consulate General, which is part of the system of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, represents the interests of the country in its district. In addition to Istanbul, the district of the Consulate General includes the following provinces of Turkey: Edirne, Tekirdag, Bursa, Canakkale, Mugla, Balikesir, Manisa, Kocaeli, Izmir, Denizli, Iparta, Aydin, Yalova, Burdur, Sakarya, Duzce and Kırıklareli.
Main tasks of the Consulate General:
- protection by all legal means of the rights and interests of individuals and legal entities of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- ensuring the strengthening of fraternal ties between Kazakhstan and Turkey. Establishment and development of relations between state bodies, public organizations and business circles of Kazakhstan and Turkey;
- assistance in attracting foreign investment and innovative technologies to priority sectors of the economy of Kazakhstan, as well as promotion of export-oriented products of domestic enterprises;
- regular direct dialogue with foreign business communities, regular meetings and negotiations with the heads of foreign companies, organization of round tables, business forums, exhibitions and presentations, visits of business delegations;
- assistance in Kazakh Diaspora and Kazakh language abroad.
- work with the citizens of Kazakhstan, consular law, law enforcement, passport and visa matters (civil, registry office, permanent residence, change of name and patronymic, discovery of documents, renunciation of citizenship, notary, etc.) and Consular Affairs, consular registration of citizens of Kazakhstan, the delivery of information and reference materials on the consular regulations of Kazakhstan to the daily requests of visitors and citizens living in Istanbul, General consular district.
- other functions.
|Address||Başak str. 35, Yeşilyurt Distr., Bakırköy, Istanbul|
|Contact number||+90 212 662 53 47|
|Fax||+90 212 662 53 49|