First, it must be said that labor market - is a set of vacancies open for a certain period at the enterprises of the country. In other words, these are special economic relationships grounded on the supply of services and demand for labor in various fields of activity. It is also an integral part of the country's economy.
Sooner or later, all people face the problem of finding a job. Job search is often a long and difficult process. For some, looking for a job is a completely standard and commonplace situation, for others it is something completely new and unknown. To simplify the search for work in Kazakhstan, a unified online platform for job search and recruitment has been created which is Electronic Labor Exchange. It operates on the basis of the enbek.kz Internet portal and contains the data on vacancies and CVs from several sources - from the applicants themselves, all employment centers, recruiting agencies, media, and Internet sites.
You can post your CV online being at home, post the CV, independently search for work and contact directly with employers.
To address employment issues, the State Program for the Development of Productive Employment and Mass Entrepreneurship for 2017-2021 "Enbek" (hereinafter referred to as the Program) provides for measures of state support in the following areas:
1) providing the participants of the Program with technical and vocational education and short-term vocational training;
2) development of mass entrepreneurship;
3) development of the labor market through the promotion of employment and labor mobility;
4) implementation of comprehensive measures for the national project "Zhastar - el tiregi".
In Kazakhstan, 9.2 million people are part of the labor force, compared with 2010, the growth was 570 thousand people or 7% (Bureau of National Statistics of the Agency for Strategic Planning and Reforms of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 2021).
According to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Employment of the Population", the state policy in the field of employment of the population is aimed at ensuring full, productive and freely chosen employment and is implemented by:
- development of the workforce, increasing its mobility;
- ensuring equal opportunities for all citizens in the exercise of the right to freedom of work and free choice of profession;
- support of labor and entrepreneurial initiatives of citizens, assistance in the development of their abilities for productive, creative work;
- orientation of the education system to training personnel in accordance with the needs of the labor market and the prospects for its development;
- implementation of measures to support the employment of persons who are experiencing difficulties in finding a job;
- prevention of mass and reduction of long-term unemployment;
- compulsory social insurance in case of job loss and social protection against unemployment;
- organizations of labor mediation through employment centers and private employment agencies.
At the same time, from 2020, a new two-year Employment Roadmap is being implemented to provide jobs and earnings for citizens during the crisis. Thanks to this program, last year it was possible to employ 239 thousand people aimed at the implementation of 6.7 thousand projects of social, engineering and transport infrastructure, housing and communal services and improvement of settlements throughout the country.
In 2021, it is planned to create 42.5 thousand jobs, of which more than 68% are permanent (28.8 thousand).
The core of the system of the state employment service of Kazakhstan are employment centers operating in districts, cities of regional and republican significance, the capital.
Employment centers are the first contact institution for everyone who is looking for a job or suitable personnel.
Their task is to provide mediation services to citizens and employers, to implement active measures to promote employment and social protection against unemployment.
Employment centers provide services based on the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Employment of the Population".
There are 204 employment centers in Kazakhstan.
The employment centers employ specially trained personnel and use uniform work standards.
Electronic labor exchange or Enbek.kz is a single platform representing a supermarket of employment services: from job search and suitable employees to obtaining public services and employment support measures.
204 employment centers, 44 private employment agencies, 5 Internet platforms are connected to the Electronic Labor Exchange.
The platform is absolutely free for everyone, covers all sectors of the economy and provides services in every district and village of the country.
The electronic labor exchange has a wide range of services and services for employers and job seekers.
1. Free job search service and suitable employees
Enbek.kz is the largest job search database. On average, 800 thousand vacancies and 600 thousand resumes are placed annually, about 400 thousand citizens find work.
Moreover, job seekers and employers can look for jobs and suitable employees not only within Kazakhstan, but also in the member countries of the Eurasian Economic Union. This became available thanks to the "Work without Borders" service, which is integrated with the labor exchanges of the EAEU member states.
Also, vacancies of civil service and vacant jobs of the Samruk Kazyna group of companies are presented on the Electronic Labor Exchange.
2. Public services and employment support measures
The Electronic Labor Exchange has the possibility of remote access to employment centers. Since November 2020, the services of employment centers have been available to Kazakhstanis online through a "personal account" on the Electronic Labor Exchange:
- registration as a job seeker and unemployed;
- selection of a suitable job;
- selection of jobs subsidized by the state (youth practice, community service, social jobs, Generational contract, First workplace);
- filing an application for social benefits in case of job loss.
The launch of online services made it possible to minimize the physical contacts of the population with employees of employment centers and increase the availability of services for citizens. About 30-40% of citizens who apply for employment services use the online format.
3. Online training in popular skills
In an environment where many specialized professional knowledge quickly becomes obsolete and is replaced by new ones, the possession of the necessary skills and competencies comes to the fore.
In order to remain competitive in the labor market, the skills.enbek online training platform has been available to applicants on the Electronic Labor Exchange since July 2021.kz, which is a marketplace for short-term online training courses. Online training is available for any citizen of Kazakhstan who wants to learn skills in demand on the labor market or improve their qualifications.
Many courses are provided free of charge on the site. The platform offers courses in the fields of cooking and culinary, cosmetic, legal and accounting services, construction, agronomy, hotel and restaurant business, office management, IT, SMM.
4. Obtaining consulting services on voluntary resettlement
In 2021, a service for voluntary relocation from the southern regions of the country to the northern ones began working on the Electronic Labor Exchange.
The exchange displays the passport of each receiving settlement, which indicates all its social infrastructure, current vacancies, and state support measures for resettlement.
On the portal, citizens can send an online application for consultation to specific employment centers of the host regions. In turn, the employment center works with each citizen who applied on all issues of resettlement.
At the moment when a person is actively looking for a job, it is important to understand where it is best to look for a new job. You can always ask your friends and acquaintances about possible vacancies, and often this will be crowned with success. The most effective and fastest way to find out about the existence of a suitable vacancy is the Internet, today it is the most popular job search resource. In turn, on the Internet, vacancies are mainly searched for on specialized career portals and portals with job advertisements, as well as on social networks.
You can look for a job:
In the vacancies section of the home pages of the companies (sometimes the companies do not advertise their vacancies by publishing information exclusively on their home page on the Internet). In Google, you can simply write "vacancy", "job offer", "job advertisements", etc.
Friends, relatives, acquaintances, former colleagues, clients and business partners.
for example, the Kazakhstan Association of Hotels and Restaurants, the Kazakhstan Association of IT Companies, etc.
Shop windows, hairdressers and other places, billboards in the streets, etc.
You need to remember that you need to treat your job search as your own job! Plan your time so that you can devote at least one hour every day to finding a job. This is the only way how you can find a new job in a short time.
In Kazakhstan, every citizen is guaranteed:
- free choice of profession and work
- work, without any discrimination and coercion to it
- social protection from unemployment.
Labor mediation - assistance by employment centers to people looking for work and the unemployed in finding a suitable job.
Active employment promotion measures, including:
- short-term vocational training – training and advanced training of unemployed people who cannot find a job due to lack of necessary qualifications, wish to change their profession or have lost the ability to work in their former profession. The training is conducted according to the professions in demand on the labor market and at the request of employers;
- measures to promote entrepreneurial initiative - training in entrepreneurial skills within the framework of the Bastau Business project, micro-crediting and the issuance of state grants for the opening of microbusiness;
- jobs subsidized by the state – jobs provided to the unemployed (youth practice, community service, social jobs, Generational contract, First job, Silver Age), with salary financing partially or completely from the budget;
- voluntary relocation – from labor-surplus areas to labor-deficient areas with a mandatory condition for assistance in employment and/or entrepreneurial initiative;
- special jobs for the employment of persons with disabilities - jobs for the employment of persons with disabilities who need special working conditions by subsidizing the costs of employers associated with equipping the workplace. The amount of the subsidy from the state is determined based on the actual costs of the employer for the purchase, installation and installation of equipment for equipping special workplaces.
Establishment of quotas on the number of jobs for employment:
- disabled people who do not have medical contraindications for work;
- young people left without parental care before the age of majority, who are graduates of educational organizations;
- persons released from places of deprivation of liberty;
- persons registered with the probation service.
Professional orientation – consulting support for citizens to make decisions concerning the choice of education and career, taking into account their interests and abilities, as well as the possibilities of the labor market.
Social assistance to the unemployed, which includes:
- social benefits in case of job loss to unemployed persons who are participants in the compulsory social insurance system and have social contributions to the State Social Insurance Fund;
- provision of targeted social assistance on the terms and in the amount stipulated by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On State targeted social assistance";
- provision of medical assistance to the unemployed within the framework of the compulsory social health insurance system, on the terms and in accordance with the procedure provided for by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Compulsory Social health Insurance".
Information on measures of social protection against unemployment and ensuring employment of the population can be obtained at the employment centers of the population at the place of residence.
On the Electronic Labor Exchange by clicking on the link https://enbek.kz, you can get information:
- on employment support measures provided online;
- about the services of employment centers and their contact details;
- about the current situation on the labor market, the supply and demand of labor resources.
Instagram Facebook and the Electronic Labor Exchange pages publish the latest news and interesting facts about employment support measures.
In order to provide labor-deficient regions with a labor force, eliminate regional imbalances and demographic imbalances within the framework of the "Enbek" program, territorial mobility of labor resources is stimulated through assistance in voluntary resettlement.
Voluntary resettlement of participants in the "Enbek" program is carried out in the following areas:
-Interregional resettlement - from labor-surplus areas to labor-deficient areas with a prerequisite to promote employment and / or entrepreneurial initiative.
-intraregional resettlement - from settlements with low economic development capacity to cities of regional (district) significance, to economic growth points, with the possibility of providing housing from the state housing stock and/or at the expense of employers and employment for a permanent job.
Basic information on voluntary resettlement can be found here.
In the conditions of an actively changing modern world, labor market is changing just as quickly. Some professions emerge and become popular, while other professions are less in demand and become a thing of the past. Many wondered: What profession has to be taken? Which job should be chosen? Which profession, traditional or new, is better to be mastered?
Many people ask for advice from relatives and friends, search for information on the Internet and collect feedback from friends. Of course, they give different advice: following the dream, looking for a favorite business, or continuing the family labor dynasty, or choosing a prestigious, well-paid job.
Each option is good in its own way, but not so easy to achieve. A prestigious job attracts many and there is a high competition to get training, then a competition to get a workplace. Certainly, many people will receive a self-development incentive, but several of them will achieve a desired result. To get a high income and career success, you need to be prepared for difficult trials and great competition. Continuing a family business is certainly a worthy choice that your relatives expect and encourage from you. However, this may not be your calling at all, and you will not be inspired by the secrets of professional skills that your loved ones are willing to share with you so generously.
If it is possible to find a profession that will become in demand for the upcoming years, will allow to realize yourself and will be in demand in the labor market, and friends and parents will be proud of your choice? Today, such a choice can be made with the help of our Atlas of New Professions.
The Atlas of New Professions and Competencies is a collection of professions that, according to the experts’ opinion in each industry, are already in demand and will appear in the nearest 5-10 years.
Materials of the Atlas of professions presented are based on the use of methodology for predicting the future based on technological Foresight. Technological Foresight allows to determine which work skills are most in demand with the development of advanced technology and broad innovation.
More details about the Atlas of Professions can be found here.
"Work without Borders" is a search engine, a service for gaining access to information about vacancies and job seekers in the territory of the EEU (Eurasian Economic Union) member states - Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Russia. The project involves national employment systems of all five countries.
The search system provided the citizens of the EAEU member states with new opportunities to search for work and employment (both in their own country and in other EEU member states), and the employers to search for personnel.
“Work without Borders” service has been operating since July 1, 2021. A person who is looking for a job, for example, in Kazakhstan, has the opportunity to look through vacancies in other countries of the "five". At the same time, additional registration is not required, it is enough to register in the national system of the state.
In Kazakhstan, the service is available on the portal Enbek.kz (Electronic Labor Exchange), it can be used by users registered on the portal - employers and job seekers.
System "Work without borders" has a diverse set of filters, which allows for a more flexible and targeted search by parameters of interest (salary, work experience, profession, professional area, etc.). The system provides an opportunity for employers and job seekers to find each other in the space of the Eurasian Economic Union.
It is enough for an employer to place a vacancy on the national portal, and it will become available for viewing in the “Work without Borders” system. The applicants, in turn, using a set of filters will be able to find a vacancy in the system and send a response. If the employer is interested in any applicant according to the resume, he will contact him using the contact information indicated by the applicant.
If the employer decides on the employment at the job seeker feedback or an invitation sent within the framework of the “Work without Borders” service, the specialist can go to the work abroad or work remotely. The terms of work between the employer and the applicant shall be agreed within the framework of the concluded employment contract.
The social security (except for the pensions) of the workers of the Member States and family members is carried out on the same conditions and in the same manner as for the citizens of the state of employment. The work (insurance) experience of the employees of the Member States shall be counted toward the total work (insurance) experience for the purposes of social security (social insurance), except for the pensions, in accordance with the legislation of the state of employment.
"Work without Borders" is the first joint digital project in the Eurasian space, aimed at creating an integral digital ecosystem for the employment and occupation of citizens of the EEU member states.